Exilia is a business consultancy run by Susie and Keith Collings, working with trusted associates, focusing on identifying and removing barriers to growth for medium sized businesses.
We work with business owners who are passionate about making their businesses successful, who are committed to growth and who want to invest in making their business the best it can be.
At Exilia we specialise in providing straightforward solutions that are easy to understand and implement. Simplicity is at the heart of everything that we do, taking a jargon-free and common-sense approach to our business and yours. We work with you to create a resilient, robust, streamlined business framework that will support you and your business to grow and flourish, and allows you to concentrate on what you do best – looking after your customers and managing your business.
Common business challenges
We understand that you are the expert at what you do, but you may be experiencing one or more of these problems:
- Profits aren’t growing or are declining – even if you have more customers – and you don’t know why
- You’re finding it hard to get new customers
- You are losing customers and don’t know why
- You find it difficult to quickly adapt your staff and business to changing circumstances
- Staff keep leaving or don’t do what you want them to
- You’ve lost your overview of the business, and worry that it’s getting out of your control
- You can’t see what to do first to grow your business and where to spend money wisely to make it happen
- You want to sell the business but are concerned that it isn’t in good enough shape to make the money you need for retirement or for your next venture
Susie Collings, Exilia’s Director
I specialise in making businesses work better. In particular, transforming businesses that are undergoing rapid growth but are under-performing because they don’t have robust structures and processes to support their operation. I also work with longer-standing businesses that no longer find themselves competitive and need to change the way that they do business in the current climate, as well as with business owners who are looking to exit within the next 2-5 years and want to maximise the value of their business.
I have over 25 years’ experience of working in a variety of operational and senior management roles in large and small businesses. This wide-ranging experience enables me to quickly gain an overview of every aspect of your business, get to the heart of your most pressing current challenges and find the right solution for you.
I have experience as Chief Executive of an educational charity and have also worked as Operations Director for high-tech companies operating in the European and global markets: managing, improving and streamlining delivery of support and services. I specialise in understanding the business as a whole, identifying which elements need changing for most impact to overall performance, and seeing through the whole process.
Keith Collings, Project Manager
I specialise in running projects of all sizes, full-time or part-time, in particular, complex IT projects.
I have spent 35 years in the IT industry working for some of the largest manufacturers of hardware and software. After some time in software support, I have spent the past fifteen years managing large software projects.